4 Days / 3 Nights
Jeep Adventure 4 Days / 3 Nights
Discover the central mountain range of the Dominican Republic. This imposing ecological beauty is a unique place throughout all Caribbean Islands. Here you will find the highest mountain peaks and the lowest temperatures of the Caribbean. Its valleys and rivers provide a magical paradise of nature. Enjoy an adventure circuit as you follow the highest road in the Caribbean and enjoy the stunning landscapes.
Day 1: Santo Domingo – Jarabacoa
In the morning, you will be picked up in Santo Domingo from a location of your choice. While enjoying a cool drink in the office of DOMINICAN EXPERT you will receive important information about your upcoming trip.
You will drive with your rented Jeep (4×4) towards the mountains into the heartland of the country, passing cocoa, rice, banana and coffee plantations. The Rancho Baiguate is loctaed in Jarabacoa, the “city of eternal spring” snuggled at the base of the mountains. Upon arrival at the Rancho Baiguate you will be served a typical Dominican lunh surrounded by majestic views. Afterwards you will have time to plan the next day’s activity, enjoy the beautiful ranch or hike to one of the nearby waterfalls.
Driving time: 2 ½ hours
Meals included: Lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Rancho Baiguate***, Master Room
Today you go on the excursion of one of the almost limitless choices Jarabacoa has to offer. Most popular are river rafting, hiking to the waterfalls, canyoning, trips on horseback or mountain bike tours. Enjoy a unique and adventurous day in this small mountain town.
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Rancho Baiguate***, Master Room
In the morning the trip continues through the mountains, passing by strawberry, carrot and lettuce fields towards the highest town on the island, Constanza. This is the last stop to eat something and to shop for provisions for the evening and the following day. After shopping the road leads to an altitude of 1,680 meters (5,512 feet) towards the waterfall “Aguas Blancas” (White waters) with an altitude of 83 meters (272 feet). You will continue on to Villa Pajón where you will sleep overnight at an altitude of 2000 meters. This is a rustic cabin offering tourists a taste of pioneer living and adventure, surrounded by flower gardens of brilliant colors. From your windows you can see the “Pico Duarte”, the highest peak of the Caribbean. The cabins at “Villa Pajón” offer hot water and a fireplace, but they do not offer electricity or food.
Driving time: 4 hours
Meals included: Breakfast
Accommodation: Villa Pajón, (Bungalow “Ciguita” with 1 bedroom for 1-2 people;
Bungalow “Golondrina” with 2 bedrooms for 3-4 people)
This morning you will experience an unadulterated thrill when driving along the highest road of the Caribbean at an altitude of 2.500 meters (8.202 feet) above sea level. Along the way is a place called “The Pyramid”, popular considered to be the geographical center of the Hispaniola Island.
From this mystical and mountainous place the road will lead you down to the town of San Jose de Ocoa. From there the road improves and will take you back to Santo Domingo, where you will return the rented vehicle.
Driving time: 7 hours
Meals included: None
The trip includes:
– Rental vehicle (Jeep 4×4 or SUV Full) with unlimited mileage and full insurance coverage
(Pick up in the morning of day 1 in the city of Santo Domingo; drop off day 4 (time as desired) in the city of Santo Domingo)
– All overnight accommodations at hotels mentioned in the program
– All meals mentioned in the itinerary as “Meals included”
– 1 activity of your choice at Rancho Baiguate (e.g. River Rafting, Canyoning, Mountain Biking…)
– Transportation to the DOMINICAN EXPERT office from any location in Santo Domingo
– Welcome drink and information session from DOMINICAN EXPERT
– Map of the Dominican Republic with route clearly marked
– Local mobile phone with unlimited calls to DOMINICAN EXPERT in Santo Domingo (loaner phone 50 USD deposit)
– Travel documentation with useful tips and information about Culture, Country & People
The trip does NOT include:
– Tourism fee USD 10 (Payable at the airport upon arrival)
– Personal expenditure
– Flights to/from Santo Domingo or other airports in the Dominican Republic
– All meals and drinks not included in the program
– Fuel for rented vehicle
Prices per person:
- 527 USD with double occupancy
- 833 USD with single occupancy
- 428 USD with triple occupancy
- 397 USD when booking two double rooms, clients will be accommodated in one 2-Bedroom-Bungalow at Villa Pajón
The package is not bookable over Christmas and New Years Eve because of a minimum stay at Villa Pajón of 3 nights.
Two of the activities at the Rancho Baiguate have a required age of 12 years (River Rafting) and 14 years (Canyoning).
Error: Contact form not found.