Dominican Expert is a growth-oriented destination management company in Santo Domingo, focusing on the North American and European markets for destination weddings, self-drive tours, incentive trips, adventure package, VIP holidays, professional events and gourmet caterings. Our office is located in the Zona Colonial of Santo Domingo, one of the trendiest areas of the whole Dominican Republic.
To continue our steady growth we’d like to have you in our team. If you are interested to work with international colleagues and motivated to help us moving forward please send your CV and a short covering letter to info(at)dominicanexpert(dot)com and let us know in which of the following positions you are interested.
Description of the vacant position
The vacant position in our tourism department is a management position. You are leading our young and motivated team, supporting our marketing and products with new ideas and always keep an eye on the full operational business. You might have to fulfill different tasks at the same time, work on new projects or processes and should always be available as a leader, team member and colleague. It is a true allrounder position where you will work in as many different topics as our company has to offer and where you can create your own path for your career – together with Dominican Expert. As a young and emerging company your opportunities are as big as the ones from our company as well.
Therefore our youthful and motivated team seeks someone who will:
- Bring knowledge, leadership, motivation and team-spirit into the team
- Take over important tasks and clients in all levels of our operational business
- Monitor the daily operational business and help, support or correct where necessary
- Supervise and double-check quotes for individual, group and wedding clients where necessary
- Take over special interest requests or VIP clients
- Supervising the entire booking process (reservation, confirmation, invoice, vouchers)
- Manage products and marketing according to own ideas in compliance with the company guidelines
- Create new products together with the team in order to continue the development of our company
- Leading the team of our tourism department
- Perform duties in English and Spanish
We are looking for a motivated, flexible, creative and responsible person who is able to work independently and under pressure. Experience working in tourism, if possible for a tour operator or even better for a DMC, is essential, same as experience in leading a team. Sales experience is advantageous, same as background in B2B- and B2C business. Knowledge of the Dominican Republic is essential as well.
We require oral and written fluency in both English and German or Spanish. Skills in Microsoft Office and a passion for tourism are set for us, experience in website optimization can be an advantage.
Of course there are couple of more soft skill requirements but we are flexible – the same flexibility we expect from you when dealing with our team and our demanding clients.
We offer you a challenging, diverse and stable work environment with a motivated team in a modern, contemporary office in the Zona Colonial of Santo Domingo. As a destination manager you can count on an attractive salary and a very interesting commission system. Further advantages can be granted depending on the experience and can be discussed in a personal interview. We also offer extensive opportunities to develop your own career – together with our company.
Professional Wedding Planner / Event Planner
… in the Caribbean (Dominican Republic)
- Excellent and absolutely fluent English and German skills in speaking and writing
- Very good Spanish skills in speaking and writing
- Other languages are advantageous
- Experience abroad for at least 1 year
- Proven record of experience in planning and coordinating events and/or weddings
- Experience in handling international clients
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent management, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to solve problems immediately
- Strong organizational skills with unerring attention to details
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to required work hours including nights, weekends and any additional time required to ensure successful events
- Ability to multi-task and complete many simultaneous projects, even on very short notice
- Customer service orientation and perfect communication skills with clients, in person, via e-mail and telephone
- Availability to work throughout the Dominican Republic depending on events
- Decision-making capability with a desire to exceed the clients expectations
- Excellent skills with the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Description of the vacant position
We are looking for an Event Planner / Wedding Planner in the Dominican Republic for our international clients. The person for this position should be highly motivated, have demonstrated leadership and problem solving capability, be flexible with work hours and the ability to adjust to last-minute changes. Some of the duties of the vacant position are as follows:
- Communicate with international clients, mainly from USA and Canada. Set up contact with the clients, understand their needs and present creative ideas and solutions to address their wishes. The communication can be via email, telephone, skype or in person.
- Meet the clients at the event venue for final details with regard to the event
- Prepare, adjust (if necessary) and send quotations, invoices, contracts and inventory lists for the events
- Follow-up on payments for the events
- Coordinate weddings and corporate events (contract and coordinate supplier deliveries, organize inventory, supervise warehouse staff, supervise installation of items at the venue, supervise the whole event, and break down the event when complete)
- Supervise the F&B-services, coordinating all technical aspects and event logistics
- Maintain contacts with external service providers in order to provide a smooth process at events
- Post event follow-up, complete all paperwork and finalize all financial aspects with the accounting department
- Analyze the event and prepare after-action report
- Contribute proactively to the improvement of the event planning, management and operation process