Dominican Expert is a growth-oriented destination management company in Santo Domingo, focusing
on the North American and European markets for destination weddings, self-drive tours, incentive trips, adventure package, VIP holidays, professional events and gourmet caterings. Our office is located in the Zona Colonial of Santo Domingo, one of the trendiest areas of the whole Dominican Republic. If you’d like to have some more information about us and the Dominican Republic, have a look at our video on the right.
To continue our steady growth we’d like to have you in our team. If you are interested to work with international colleagues and motivated to help us moving forward please send your CV and a short covering letter to info(at)dominicanexpert(dot)com and let us know in which of the following positions you are interested.
Who we are?
Professional Wedding Planner / Event Planner
Description of the vacant position
We are looking for an Event Planner / Wedding Planner in the Dominican Republic for our international clients. The person for this position should be highly motivated, have demonstrated leadership and problem solving capability, be flexible with work hours and the ability to adjust to last-minute changes. Some of the duties of the vacant position are as follows:
- Communicate with international clients, mainly from USA and Canada. Set up contact with the clients, understand their needs and present creative ideas and solutions to address their wishes. The communication can be via email, telephone, skype or in person.
- Meet the clients at the event venue for final details with regard to the event
- Prepare, adjust (if necessary) and send quotations, invoices, contracts and inventory lists for the events
- Follow-up on payments for the events
- Coordinate weddings and corporate events (contract and coordinate supplier deliveries, organize inventory, supervise warehouse staff, supervise installation of items at the venue, supervise the whole event, and break down the event when complete)
- Supervise the F&B-services, coordinating all technical aspects and event logistics
- Maintain contacts with external service providers in order to provide a smooth process at events
- Post event follow-up, complete all paperwork and finalize all financial aspects with the accounting department
- Analyze the event and prepare after-action report
- Contribute proactively to the improvement of the event planning, management and operation process
- Excellent and absolutely fluent English skills in speaking and writing
- Very good Spanish skills in speaking and writing
- Other languages are advantageous
- Experience abroad for at least 1 year
- Proven record of experience in planning and coordinating events and/or weddings
- Experience in handling international clients
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent management, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to solve problems immediately
- Strong organizational skills with unerring attention to details
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to required work hours including nights, weekends and any additional time required to ensure successful events
- Ability to multi-task and complete many simultaneous projects, even on very short notice
- Customer service orientation and perfect communication skills with clients, in person, via e-mail and telephone
- Availability to work throughout the Dominican Republic depending on events
- Decision-making capability with a desire to exceed the clients expectations
- Excellent skills with the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Description of the vacant position
The vacant position in our tourism department is a true allrounder position where you definitely never get bored. You are communicating a lot with direct clients, our B2B partners, suppliers and your colleagues and will deal with the whole array our portfolio has to offer: self-drive tours, adventure packages, villas, destination weddings, groups and incentive trips.
Therefore our youthful and motivated team seeks someone who will:
- Initiate contact, make reservations, and contract with various suppliers (hotels, transfer and tour agencies, rental car companies, etc.)
- Work daily with our travel software (input, double-check, output)
- Create and edit supplier descriptions and website texts
- Create and edit quotes for individual, group and wedding clients (incl. destination weddings)
- Act as travel consultant for our B2B and B2C clients
- Be responsible for the entire booking process (reservation, confirmation, invoice, vouchers)
- Manage products and marketing according to the companies guidelines
- Update the website as needed
- Assist the destination manager as needed
- Perform duties in English and Spanish.
We are looking for a motivated, flexible, creative and responsible person who is able to work independently and under pressure. We require oral and written fluency in both English and German or Spanish as well as a background in tourism. Sales experience, basic skills in Microsoft Office, working knowledge of WordPress and passion for travel and knowledge of the Dominican Republic are advantageous. If you are interested in organizing destination weddings in all-inclusive resorts as well this might be a plus.
Of course there are couple of more soft skill requirements but we are flexible – the same flexibility we expect from you when dealing with our demanding clients.
We offer you a challenging, diverse, and stable work environment with a motivated team in a modern, contemporary office in the Zona Colonial of Santo Domingo. The employment package includes an attractive base salary and commission on all reservations and bookings. A managing position within the company can be achieved depending on the personal skills, experience and performance.