NATURAL & CULTURAL EXPERIENCE FROM PUNTA CANA
3 Days / 2 Nights
Natural & Cultural Experience from Punta Cana 3 Days/ 2 Nights
If you would like to break out from the routine of your all-inclusive resort and explore the true and authentic Dominican Republic away from the tourism centers, this trip full of local experiences is for you. You will visit Los Haitises, by many people considered as the most beautiful national park of the country, as well as Santo Domingo, which is the vibrant cultural heart of the Dominican Republic. You’ll go on a fascinating boat trip to see a lot of local wildlife, hike (if desired) to the unique cloud forest of Los Haitises, will follow Columbus’ footsteps in the historic old town of Santo Domingo and can explore the never ending Latin nightlife of the Colonial Zone. Come on and experience the real Dominican Republic!.
Day 1: Punta Cana – Cueva de las Maravillas (“Wonder Cave”) – Santo Domingo
In the morning your personal driver will pick you up at your hotel in Punta Cana, Bavaro, Macao or Uvero Alto. On your way to Santo Domingo which is an easy and comfortable 2.5 hours ride, you will make a stop at the fascinating cave structure, “La Cueva de las Maravillas”. This natural cave is 35 meters below ground and offers fascinating views of stalagmites and stalactites in all sizes and dazzling colors. An underground river flows through the structure providing natural “music” during the subterranean guided walk.
After this visit, you will continue your journey towards the capital of Santo Domingo, where you will be dropped off at the office of Dominican Expert for your personal welcome briefing with your travel expert. While you enjoy a tropical welcome drink we will give you some important information about the next days and all the insider information you need to have a truly authentic trip through the Dominican Republic. You will also receive a special Dominican Expert Welcome-Kit with important travel gadgets.
After check-in at your hotel directly in the Colonial Zone of Santo Domingo and some free time for lunch, your guide will welcome you for your private walking tour. The capital of the Dominican Republic combines the modern advantages of an emerging economy with the historic center of the city “La Zona Colonial” making this a very special place. During this 2.5-hour guided walking tour you will follow Columbus’ footsteps and see (among other things) the oldest cathedral of the New World, castles, ruins and the residency of Columbus’s son, Don Diego. You will also visit a cigar manufacturer, where you will see the production of the popular Dominican cigars.
At night, you can head out to explore the vibrant nightlife of the Zona Colonial. Have a refreshing mojito at the countless bars, mingle with locals in the open-air parks or dance the night away to the hot Salsa, Bachata and Merengue sounds of Santo Domingo. Your travel expert can give you information on where to go.
Transfer time: 2.5 hours
Meals included: Dinner
Accommodation: Hodelpa Caribe Colonial ***, Superior Room
Day 2: Santo Domingo – Los Haitises National Park
In the morning, after breakfast in your hotel, your transfer will take you to the midst of nature of the National Park Los Haitises. Your accommodation for this night is our stunningly beautiful and environmentally friendly eco-lodge, located inside the national park and surrounded by picturesque waterfalls, a lot of them directly on the property.
After lunch you will go on a mostly flat 2- to 3-hour hike through the National Park. During the tour you will visit Caño Salado, explore different aspects of the nature in this area, such as the cloud forest, and get stunning photo opportunities.
In the evening you can enjoy an a-la-carte dinner at the beautiful outside restaurant of the hotel while listening to the relaxing sound of the surrounding waterfalls.
Transfer time: 3 hours
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Accommodation: Eco-Lodge in a beautiful surrounding in the national park ***, Standard Room
Day 3: National Park Los Haitises – Montaña Redonda – Punta Cana
After breakfast, you will go on a boat excursion through the Mangle River towards the enormous lagoon “Bay of San Lorenzo”. This lagoon is simply breathtaking and unique in its natural splendor. Move slowly through the shallow water and observe how the rock island was formed over the centuries, providing a place where countless varieties of birds can be seen. In fact, there are more than 120 different documented species of birds, one of which is the “Cigua Palmera” (Palmchat), the Dominican Republic’s National Bird. You definitely will see several of those birds during your tour. Furthermore you will also explore two different caves, where you will see rock paintings from the Taino inhabitants hundreds of years ago. On the way back you will pass the impressive mangrove system of the national park, which is a protected habitat for countless species.
After another typical Dominican buffet lunch at your stunning eco-lodge, you will be picked-up by your private driver and head back towards Punta Cana, on a road embedded between an impressive coastline and the rolling hills of the Cordillera Oriental. On your way you will make a stop at Montaña Redonda, an impressive and unique hill, from where you have a 360° panorama and can make absolutely amazing photo shots, thanks to its extra-large hanging swings and the incredible view from the mountain top. You can either hike up on a strenuous 30-45 minute climb or take one of the safari trucks available at the trailhead.
After this last adventure your driver will bring you back to your hotel in Punta Cana, where you can review all those unique memories you made during the last 3 days.
Driving time: 2.5 hours
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch
– Private transportation in an air-conditioned minivan from your location in Punta Cana to your hotel in Santo Domingo, including a stop at Cueva de las Maravillas
– Private transportation in an air-conditioned minivan from your hotel in Santo Domingo
to your hotel at national park Los Haitises
– Private transportation in an air-conditioned minivan from your hotel at national park Los Haitises, to your location in Punta Cana, including a stop at Montana Redonda
Hotels & Meals:
– All overnight accommodations at hotels mentioned in the program
– All meals mentioned in the itinerary as “Meals included”
Excursions & Entrance Fees:
– Entrance fee to the Cueva de las Maravillas incl. a guided tour through the caves
– Boat excursion (aprox. 2-3 hours) through the mangroves and visit of 2 caves of the Los Haitises National Park
– Guided hike (aprox. 2-3 hours) to the cloud forest of Los Haitises National Park
– Privat City Walk (approx. 2.5 hours) with a professional English-speaking guide through the Zona Colonial, incl. visit of a cigar factory
Dominican Expert Service Package:
– Tropical welcome drink and personal information session with your travel expert at the office of Dominican Expert close to your hotel
– Local mobile SIM-card for calls to the Dominican Expert office
– Map of the Dominican Republic
– Welcome Amenity-Kit from Dominican Expert (Mosquito spray, typical Dominican chocolate, helpful travel gadgets etc.)
– Travel documentation with useful tips and information about Culture, Country & People
– Entrance to Montana Redonda (approx. 2 USD)
– Safari truck ride up to Montana Redonda (approx. 8 USD – can also be hiked, 30-45 minutes)
– Optional tips, personal expenses, souvenirs, visa fees etc.
Prices per person start from:
- 785 USD with double occupancy
- 1.359 USD with single occupancy
- 595 USD with triple occupancy
- 533 USD when booking two double rooms
- 153 USD child (up to 10 years)
This package is especially suitable to book before, in between or after an all-inclusive stay in a resort in Punta Cana. It can start at every resort in Punta Cana, Cap Cana, Bavaro, Macao and Uvero Alto. Please contact us for our available specials if you also would like to book your resort or excursions through us.
Please enquire for a detailed quote according to your travel dates!